Tuesday 24 May 2011

McHunterson and the Ninjas of the Seven Seas

The post I was planning on and had started writing this week doesn't look like it's going to happen. Basically, I'm too depressed at the moment to write it, so it'll have to wait a week or two. This is exacerbated by the fact that it paints me in a good light, unlike most of my posts which show me up as the randomly firing spite-machine I am, or like to think of myself as being, or something. Instead you get another entry from the recesses of the 'writing' folder on my hard drive.

I honestly can't even remember what I was going for when I started this, except that I was obviously intending to use even more adjectives than was my usual, already adjective heavy, style. I think it was around the time when I thought that if I practised bashing out generic fantasy I might be able to wangle a gig writing tie-in novels for games companies and thus maybe forge a route for myself out of the career dead end my previous belief that writing novels would be fun and profitable had landed me in. This is the sum total of the work that I did on that, then.
McHunterson and the Ninjas of the Seven Seas

Part One: Pirates of Doom
The sea surrounding the sloop churned remorselessly, washing drowned sailors against the ship’s bow with a rhythmic regularity that was horrible in it’s dark, remorseless insistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment